Wednesday 11 March 2009

Creative Pleasures


Well my baby makes are well under way. I seem to be getting on really well just lately, with everything. I had that awful virus a few weeks ago, and it seems to have taken me until the beginning of this week to find my "vim and vigour" again.
Now, hopefully I shall be tackling a lot of the household things which have been on the back burner too, now that my energy levels are returning.
I'm one of those people who just can't sit and do nothing, unless I'm ill of course.
I'm not an avid watcher of the TV, if you ask me what's happening in any of the soaps I haven't got a clue. It must be twenty years since I even watched one of them!
I watch films occasionally, but they have to be interesting in the first five minutes or else I'm not bothered. I feel the same way about books, if they're worth reading they must grab me from the first couple of pages.

For me, leisure time has to be creative in one form or another. I have many hobbies and interests and I keep at least three projects on the go at one time. A knitting project, which at the moment is baby orientated and mainly pink. I have a patchwork quilt on the go, this is taking a while as it's a hand stitched one, and that is in pinks and creams. I also have two scrapbooks on the go. These again are works in progress.
In between these I'm always making cards. I haven't had cards from a shop for years.

I have stitched, knitted, sewn, painted and modelled many gifts over the years, and it's these ones which have been the most loved. I can't imagine myself never wanting to make things, even if they don't always turn out according to plan.
So tonight I'm knitting in baby pink, and tomorrow I have an anniversary card to make. That's once I've done some housework, but I won't want to spend all my days off work doing the basics.

Besides, now that spring is almost here, we have the garden to think about too.

Enjoy whatever you do.... bye for now.
Linda

1 comment: