Tuesday 5 July 2011

Is it me....

I don't know what it is, but many of the people I know, rarely spend time in their gardens unless it is bathed in wall to wall sunshine. Me, well I love to be in the garden as much as possible.
So, today the weather has been warm, cloudy with a slight breeze, and whilst I could have chosen to do housework, I decided to take myself out into the garden.
I made myself a mug of tea, cut myself a piece of cake ( which I made yesterday) and along with my sewing, went into the garden.
It was lovely listening to the birds, watching them to and fro amongst the flowers along with the butterflies and other insects. I got slightly sidetracked and went for my camera (always trying to get a good shot or two of whatever visits) but I did get some sewing done.....
......I'm sewing up the items which I've made to go into my Folksy shop...
..........since we returned from Dorset I've been catching up with my knitting projects. I've been making more summer items.....
....and I've been doing some favourites too.
But I did eat my cake, before any garden visitors decided to try it...
.....I still have quite a bit of making up to do, but hopefully they'll be in the shop for Thursday.
Did I get any housework done? Yes, but there's always plenty of that to do.
I still have some garden projects to do this week. I'm just hoping that the rain the weathermen have forecasted holds out until I've done them all. If not, I shall have to change my plans.
I also have to edit the pictures which I took of the Scarecrow trail on Sunday in Ticknall. We didn't do all the trail as we were only passing through on our way to Hidcote Manor Gardens, I still managed to get some great shots though. I will share them with you next time.
But for now, I have ironing to do. Happy days!

1 comment: