Thursday 7 January 2010

New Year, New Year!

Hello and happy New Year.
Well 2010 certainly made a dramatic entrance with all this snow!
Everyone wants a beautiful white covering, but when it actually arrives (usually all at once!) we just can't cope with it, and everything grinds to a halt. Watching the local evening news it seems that as the city council is running out of grit, (only two more days supply) they will not be gritting the bus routes. We all know how much chaos this will cause, but the local council (in their infinite wisdom) don't seem to realise the consequences. I don't think the media coverage helps either, so I'll say no more on the matter.
At this time of year I'm always thinking of getting to grips with things which may have slipped by the way in the last few months. Whether it be decorating, spring cleaning (I know a bit early for some) new projects or just simply a good sort out.
So today I opened a large box, which had beeen stored for quite some time, just to see what was in it, and see what could, if anything be sent for recycling.
To my surprise, it was full of vintage stamps and postcards, which were part of my late fathers collection. Old craft magazines from the 70's, (a lot of reading to do there!) I also found these.......

......I have no recollection of where they came from......

.......and there is quite a bag full.......

......with some lovely little extras......

but once they're all sorted I can decide what to do with them.
I also found this......

....now I do remember where I got this from. I bought it from a charity shop whilst we were in Leek. It cost me the princely sum of 20p, because there are no little paper dolls with it. A bargain? I think so!
Here are a few more pictures.....

I was in a rush to put it together....

but once the creases have come out.....



.....it will look fine....

........

........

......there's even a little cat on the roof....

I also found an old Cadbury's chocolate tin......

......and amongst the vintage stamps in the tin,I found these.....


....a set of Italian matchbox labels from the 50/60's. I remember these from my childhood.
All these wonderful finds, and I still have more to sort out.
Never mind the snow, I've got plenty of treasure to sift through!
Bye for now, Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment