Wednesday 30 January 2013

30 days later....

Well, that's January gone and this is my first post of the year! I had planned to post a couple of weeks ago, but I just didn't get around to it. I always begin sorting and moving things in January, and it's this which has kept me busy (along with hubby having a weeks holiday too) and I've managed to get through quite a lot. No cupboard, wardrobe, shelf, box or container will be left unturned. I started with my little craft room.It wasalready tidy and everything stored, but the accessability to everything was a bit difficult. So I now have some Ikea storage in there and it's looking good. I shall post pictures when I have everything in it's rightful place. Hopefully I'll have it completed tomorrow, just the last couple of boxes to go through. I have no pictures of the snow because I didn't take any. However we did take a trip up to Ilam on Sunday. There was still quite a bit of snow around, and a lot of flooding in the area too. I took these pictures of the river Manifold and you can see how high it was.....
.....it was flowing very fast......
...the wildlife didn't seem to be worried though.....
I've also managed to get some of my knitting projects finished whilst the weather was rough. But I've posted about them on my craft blog. It was nice to spend a couple of days just cooking and baking to fill the freezer up again, (another job crossed of the list) it's nice to have meals ready made, it saves a lot of time for the days we're out. They'll be a lot more soon, I hope! I've notice the green shoots appearing in the garden, so if the weather stays mild for the next couple of days, I could well be spending some time outside and cleaning and sorting out pots and planters for the new growing season. The evenings are already getting lighter, have you noticed? I have, roll on spring!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're getting into Spring cleaning mode already! I started out with good intentions and painted my one wall, I still have two others in the same room to paint but I cannot seem to get the time or the enthusiasm to do it! I wish I could be as organised as you! I hope as the long nights you mention return things will get more productive around here too. Well done on getting it all done. x

    ReplyDelete