Monday 22 October 2012

Is this the way of the world?

For the life of me I can't understand what is wrong with some people these days. It doesn't matter if you're watching tv, browsing on the internet, or listening to the radio, there seems to be a certain amount of people who spend their lives insulting and criticizing other people. The sad thing is, that in most cases, the people who are making these awful comments have never even met the people who they are insulting or making awful comments about! For instance, in one of today's papers a well known celebrity has just given birth to a baby. Apparently within minutes of this news going out into the world, via internet, radio, Twitter, Facebook etc, it seems the trolls were leaving hurtful and spiteful comments. Why?? This is one of just many instances which I've heard of over the last week, and it's made me wonder just why they feel they have to do it. The first thing I thought of is jealousy.
They say, (whoever "they" are) that there is jealousy in all of us. Well, I can honestly say that I have never been jealous of anyone or anything. Unless you count when I was a teenager, and I wished I'd had a figure like this...
....and I also wanted never ending legs....
..well that was never going to happen, being 5'2" was it? I don't dream of winning the lottery, because I never do it. I know, " you've got to be in it to win it", but I don't want to spend my money on the lottery, bingo or anything else. My choice. Ah, choice! I was taught at a very early age that destiny is the choices you make not the chances you take. I believe this wholeheartedly. We don't always make the correct choices but we all have it in our power to do something about it should or if they go wrong. That brings me to the "p" word, power. Do people make these remarks because they feel it gives them power? If I am invited to make a comment on any subject, whether it be face to face, on paper, by phone, internet, whatever, I would never and have never made it anonymously, I have no reason to. We don't all like the same things, want the same things, that's what makes the world so interesting. Nothing is perfect. But what is perfect?
What's perfect for me, may not be for someone else. People spend their lives looking for "perfection" in many things.
So, are these people who make these comments and statements unhappy with their lives and want to spread their lot to others and they don't care who? Or do they just get some sort of, high, on the fact that they've made a comment on something, or someone and they want everyone to see it, and it makes them feel clever and superior, even though they've done it anonymously? I really don't know. But one thing I think they ought to do, is stand in front of a full length mirror and take a good hard look at themselves. They might learn something, hopefully!

2 comments:

  1. I agree Linda. Funnily enough I was thinking the same when I heard about the 'trolls' on twitter and my first thought was, get rid of twitter, what purpose does it serve other than for people to spread rumours, make inane comments and self publicise. Unfortunately today alot of people are deluded, I blame tv, advertising, magazines etc that make us think we too can have this life (this photoshopped life) and I believe a lot of people think they really should have it and somehow that translates to hatred for those who did exactly what you said, they chose to DO something about it and succeeded. I think you'll find some of these people are also the ones who clearly don't have any kind of mirror in the house, you know, the ones wearing clothes they saw in a magazine that looked good on the size zero model!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I also tell you I hate capcha!! It took me 6 goes to get the stupid word correct and now I'll have to do it again arghhhhhhh!!! lol

    ReplyDelete