Thursday 5 July 2012

Wet, wet, wet!!!

As I sit here typing, the sun is trying to break through! Hopefully for most of the day, but I shan't be holding my breath. !! The French doors in the kitchen are open behind me and I can hear the farmer in one of the fields adjacent to our house. ( I hope he knows something we don't!) I'm having a late breakfast today, I didn't really feel hungry when I got up few hours ago. So, once my porridge is made and eaten I'm off out into the garden. first job, dead heading the roses. Boy, have they taken a battering just lately....
...it pains me when they are battered by the wind and rain...
.... the roses are plentiful this year....
.......we're so pleased with them....
......these are ones which are in the back garden....
.....there are more in the front garden, they are all reds, white and creams. Pictures on the next post! So as soon as breakfast is over I'm off outside...
..and once I've taken care of the roses, I have to paint the Forth Bridge...
.....well my version of it! All will be revealed!!

1 comment:

  1. This is all very cloak and dagger Linda lol. Your roses are beautiful. I'm not good with roses so I only have a few. I have a couple of climbing roses and two bush roses, one is called the Generous Gardener it was given to me by my lovely neighbours. Its pale pink with a beautiful scent and I love it. I'm amazed though it has survived, most roses don't for some reason in my garden :( I'm best with plants that thrive on neglect lol. Hope the sun has stayed out for you. It got sunny here for a while, of course it was while I was indoors having lunch with a friend in Glasgow!! Now I'm home its got all cloudy and a bit thundery! Will this summer ever begin? x

    ReplyDelete