Wednesday 15 February 2012

Forward thinking and a family gathering.

All this cold and snowy weather of late has got me thinking about the forthcoming spring. I'm really looking forward to longer days. In fact, even now it's nice not to put the lights on until after 5pm.
Mind you we've had some lovely sunsets of late....
...and some blue skies....
...but I'm so looking forward to spring!
We are reorganising our front garden and are looking for some new roses. So I've been perusing my David Austin roses book...
..a gift from Mick last year. I've been looking at this...
...I can almost smell the beautiful fragrance...
...the photographs are just wonderful, and there is so much information to read....
...in fact this book is full of so much information that it sends the mind racing, from gardening to craft projects. After all inspiration comes from everywhere!
In the meantime we've had a lovely family gathering...
...it doesn't happen as often as we'd like. Carolines' husband is away on business overseas and she and the two children are staying with us. So this was a great opportunity to get Andy and Lyn and their children here too. A chance of a family group photo (almost everyone) for a change.
So whilst there's young children in the house, there's not much going on except playtime!!

No comments:

Post a Comment