Tuesday 3 January 2012

The page turns!

Happy New Year!
...now the festivities are over, we now turn the page to the start of another year. I hope it's a good one, for everyone!
Everyone seems to be making New Year resolutions, but not me, they wouldn't last very long. But I will be trying to "make adjustments" in one or two ways.
There have been a couple of days over the holidays where we were able to get out in the winter sunshine. I always take my camera with me when we go out as I'm always looking for that one spectacluar shot. ( I haven't found it yet, but I shall keep trying!)
We took a walk on the Calke Abbey estate.....
.....naked trees on a backdrop of blue sky......
....simple beauty. The abbey, wrapped up until springtime....
...you can just see the Christmas trees in the entrance.
Even the church is adorned.....
......the long winter shadows......
...the air was so crisp, and so clean.
The reservoir is (very) slowly beginning to fill up.....
...at last!
I'm hoping that my photographic skills will greatly improve this year. I've treated myself to an A3 printer.....
.....I already have many pictures which I want to print out. Some floral...
.....some landscape and wildlife....
....and with five grandchildren, I have plenty of opportunities to try for that magic moment.....
.....learning is so much fun.....
.....I'll snap it, whether it moves or not. In the case of the last picture, they disappeared, quite quickly!
I am looking forward to all my crafting adventures this year too. You can read about them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment