Thursday 22 December 2011

Winter soltice

Today is that special, the shortest day. After this we know the nights, very slowly, begin to pull out again. What a glorious day it's been.
Blue sky.....
....washing on the line....
...and with the mild weather we have geraniums.....
......and these sweet little pansies...
.....there's plenty of berries......
.... there are little violets....
....petunias, yes, I kid you not...
....the best of all are these....
....the name of this rose is Tequila Sunrise. According to Mr Titchmarsh says we should cut them off. No way.....
....I want to enjoy them for just a little longer. After all, it could be snowing before long!

1 comment:

  1. Oh oh what pretty flowers are still blooming in your garden! Amazing that the geraniums are also still in flowers! Same thing here! It hasn't been really cold here as well and my yellow and orange roses were also still giving flowers. I did cut them though lol. I just couldn't resist! But I can imagine you go against Alan's will though LOL!
    Merry Christmas to you and your family! And enjoy!!
    Blessings and hugs,
    Ingeborg

    ReplyDelete