Wednesday 12 October 2011

i read...

I've always loved reading and I'll always find some time ( from somewhere) to read. Even if it's just for a very short while.
As you can see, this particular bookshelf is quite full.....
....this one is in a bedroom. My interests are varied and you'll find quite a selection of titles on these shelves.....
...some are very old, and these have been passed to me from family, and I treasure them.....
...some are quite new and informative, some are inspiring and must be read time and time again.....
....some are so informative, packed with patterns, ideas, inspiration, for gardens, sewing, knitting, paper, decorating, and much more....
..........
...some are just for fun, ( the Beano annual of course!)
At the moment I am revisiting one of the great writers.......
....I hadn't read any HG Wells for a long time, about 30 years to be precise. So when I was given this collection I just had to put aside my intended reading list and begin with this.
There is so much lost when these classics are turned into movies, but then again I suppose wouls say that there is much to gain, with the special effects that are used. But there is nothing more special than your own imagination, is there?
The other books I have lined up for this winter are these...
......as you can see, I do like books written in this era.....
....and I also have some classics to revisit....
....These books along with a few others are the ones I favour, at the moment.
Last year our daughter bought her husband a Kindle for Christmas. I thought it was amazing, but could not imagine me ever wanting one as I love having the paper book in my hands and literally turning the pages, and where would I even want to use it?
My other love is music, I listen often. I don't have a favourite genre, just anything which sounds good, from classical, pop, jazz, folk, to (some) heavy metal. ior my birthday earlier this year, I had an Ipod touch. The first thing I thought was, would I use it, ( or be able to, as I'm not very technical) or would it just sit there until Mick used it?
Well the answer to those questions are yes, I do use it, a lot. For my music, for plays which I have downloaded to listen to, whilst knitting, sewing or whatever. But the main thing is, is that I have ibooks on it too. I never thought I would ever use the application for this, as I always take a book with me whenever we go away, but now, (as long as I remember my ipod) I shall have a book with me....
......Our son and daughter laugh at me and tell me I've joined the 21st century at last. But I'm not a gadget person, I don't have a wii or playstation, or whatever others there are. I don't have a dishwasher or tumble drier, ( never have, never will, can't see the need,for me) and I don't have a posh mobile, just one that makes calls, texts, and takes pictures, that's all I want.
But, now I have this little piece of gadgetry and I love it.
So the next time we are away, I shall be prepared as I have now added some books to my library. Wonders will never cease, as my son always says!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment